My experience is installing a kit from Buffalo Enterprises (he's no longer making them) on my '57 GMC 102 about 25 years ago and getting a 3/4 ton spindle turned down to allow use of a CCP 1/2 ton disk brake setup on my '52 GMC 152. The PO had a hot rod shop in Conroe Texas install a 1/2 ton disk brake kit on the 3/4 ton truck by turning down the spindles to 1/2 ton size. I drove it 30K miles and had a bearing failure on one side (my fault, I wasn't keeping up with bearing lube) that damaged the spindle and spacer. I found another spindle and had a local machine shop turn it down to emulate the 1/2 ton spindle with the spacer that CCP supplied.
'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12 '52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.