The Brownie is a two speed Hi/Low. The original rear end gears were like 8:1. And the original tires were 20/22.5 but they were in such bad shape i could not get about 40mph without the truck shaking horribly. Swapping in a D70 w/3.55 gears didn't get me anymore top speed. The engine ran out of power at about 50-55mph. But I did manage to get more reliable brakes in the back though. A 4.11 or 4.56 gear ratio would have been a good fit I think with the smaller wheel/tires.

With the summer temp dipping down below the triple digits for a bit I was able to get a little bit done on the swap. The cab and front clip are sitting on the motorhome chassis. They are not mounted yet but they are set for mockup of mounts. I also built a larger hoist for doing this swap and future projects.
Attachments
20230709_205049.jpg (398.78 KB, 100 downloads)
20230717_190549.jpg (452.16 KB, 98 downloads)
20230728_200457.jpg (441.98 KB, 100 downloads)
20230728_200508.jpg (531.68 KB, 99 downloads)

Last edited by AlwayswrenchN; 08/03/2023 11:21 PM.

59 viking 40
46 CJ2A
72 C10
94 YJ
ect...