I'm located in eastern Oregon (dry side) and I recently acquired a 1959 Viking 40. It was a farm and log truck that been sitting since the early '90's.

The truck is fairly original with a few farmer add on's.

Flatbed model 14' with 235ci 4spd and a 2spd brownie box between the drivelines.

I rewired most of the truck and it's started fairly easily.

I was planning to keep it fairly original, but after driving it a little and deciding what I really want to do with it, some serious mods are in the works. I want to keep it a big bolt but be able to do the speed limit, stop, get tires for it without going broke, things like that.

So the body will be set on a shortened Chevy motorhome chassis with 454/400 with modern brakes and power steering. I'll keep the brownie box even if only it ends up being for show.

Rebuild the flat bed for hauling my other toys is on the list.

Keep and eye in swap meet for original chassis when time comes. It's rust free and pretty clean except for the long gone paint. A few dents in the fenders.
Attachments
20220724_151555.jpg (360.54 KB, 252 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 07/14/2023 8:50 PM. Reason: added more info to the title

59 viking 40
46 CJ2A
72 C10
94 YJ
ect...