I am starting with a fairly original 59 viking 40 flatbed model. 235ci 4 spd Trans with a detached two spd brownie box. Truck is solid no rust, wood and everything rubber is very dry rotted but we live in the desert. It does run and drive after sitting since early 90's. I removed the factory gas tank from behind seat and some of the other farmer add on's. Rewired everything but the headlights adding a new ignition switch and fuse block.

Why I am changing from this mostly original truck. I plan to use it as a toy hauler and almost everywhere we go is acessed by the interstate. Able to go 70mph and stop is a must, so upgrades are needed.

Planned build so far.
I have acquired a 1983 southwind by Fleetwood motorhome as a donor vehicle. I plan on using the chassis from it and doing a body swap. The frame will have to be shortend and possibly relocate the rear axle, not sure yet. This gives me a independent front suspension, an HD 70 rear axle with disk brakes, 454ci/th400. This setup will provide the heavy duty chassis and some of the more modern convenience of power disk brakes, power steering, a/c and being able to use the interstate to travel. I want to keep the 14ft bed, a roll back would be great, but we will have to see.
Attachments
20221005_182823.jpg (497.38 KB, 363 downloads)
IMG_20220920_150818_01.jpg (337.36 KB, 366 downloads)
20220724_151555.jpg (360.54 KB, 367 downloads)


59 viking 40
46 CJ2A
72 C10
94 YJ
ect...