Originally Posted by walterhvogel
The lower windlace that attaches at the step was changed in 1950. The '47 to '49 is what is shown on the Steele document. The retainer screws into the vertical part while sneaking your screwdriver up under the rubber. I'm wondering if a similar change was made to the door weatherstrip during that time and has been long forgotten?
I didn't know there was a change on the lower windlace mounting. I'll file that info away.
My '51 has the same lower weatherstrip retainers on the doors as you've pictured, so I don't think there was a change to that. I believe it's there just to keep the weatherstrip more secure than just glue would be.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.