Update on the truck:
I borrowed a 3/4" drive socket set from my uncle after I broke my 1/2" breaker bar on a lugnut. I then found a kentool tire tool under the seat (when I removed the seat to remove the gas tank) and have been using that, it works great!
Got all the brakes working, fixed the gas tank and installed an electric fuel pump (mechanical one needed a check valve and parts store didn't have any in stock) several months ago. Listed the truck for sale again once it was drivable but no takers. So, since the wife is working again and no one made any decent offers I figured I will fix it up enough to use it locally and drive it for a while, fixing little things as I go.
Tonight I got all the lights working, driving/parking, brakes, front/rear blinkers. Headlights worked already but I still need to get the high/low switch working. Have been using the truck around my property to move sand and haul firewood. I need to tune the carburetor a bit (been having to leave the choke partway on so it doesn't stall out) and maybe adjust the timing and it will be road worthy. Probably put insurance and plates on it before too long. I still will need to find some 22.5 wheels for this at some point. I aired up all the tires last weekend to 60psi but would really like to replace the widowmaker wheels and get new tires sometime soon. Local parts store ordered a paper air filter that I read is supposed to fit in the air cleaner. The oil bath unit doesn't look to be in too bad of shape, but I don't want to deal with washing it out in gas and soaking in oil regularly.
Last edited by mdkelley; 01/25/2023 2:31 AM. Reason: typo