Struck out multiple times today. Called two Schrader locations, Saginaw Truck parts (a medium/heavy truck salvage yard), a couple local yards, tire shops... no one had any 6 lug 22.5 wheels or even any suggestions of where I could call. No one even knew any yards that deal in medium duty buses, box trucks, etc, either. I haven't called the bus garages yet but most buses that are in operation around here are the newer 10 lug stuff from what I see on the roads. There aren't any older buses in operation around here and most garages don't have room to store any obsolete parts that they can't use, they usually scrap that stuff for beer money. I know people have found these wheels but what I am reading online all seems to be 10-15 year old posts about how plentiful these are (or were). My guess is when scrap steel was way up 10-12 years ago a lot of these got turned into cash.

I will keep looking but sounds like I am going to be kind of forced into learning how to deal with these widowmakers for now and keep my eyes and ears open for some wheels or swap out the I beam and rear end for some more modern 10 lug stuff.


Matt
1957 Chevrolet 6503
14' Grain Dump Box
More story in Big Bolts