dgrinnen I have done propane for 44 years using mostly used equipment,my 04 injected 4.8 GMC got about 13 MPG going to Mongo's in sept of 22. Propane was about 2.41$ a gollon (with motor fuel road tax on it,gasoline close to or double that) had a/c on full time. I don't think propane verses gasoline economy is quite double but close. Right now propane equipment salesmen want you to use their equipment and just fill up at any propane source well they are all expensive ! A big chunk of my propane economy is buying propane at the right time,you then have to store it,pump it,hold it in hot weather (hi pressure) and don't get hurt with it. Now since I heat with it too it is here full time anyway. My local full service propane dealer is a pal of mine and knows I can safely handle the fuel that is an advantage. I depended on him early on for fill ups and he even still offers a break on motor fuel fill ups. Even so it is still best to buy at the right time and in these hard times know you have fuel handy. I have become a propane tank specialist by learning how to prepare them for long term storage,still have some 76 cent propane out there,however modern prices dilute that. Some one commented earlier about using those trouble-making liquid fuel expensive carburetors I don't use those nor fuel pumps nor wet filters. No sludge,easy starts,never cold natured,oil stays new,easy to trouble-shoot,buy any part new internet. At swap meets often buy propane stuff cheap because no one recognizes it,so there you go.