I've been involved in the design and installation of a number of Natural Gas fired standby generators for various facilities. They are piped directly to the NG distribution system. I have not heard of a failure from one of them, but of course they get little run time, mainly monthly test runs and the very infrequent power outage. I believe they used Chevy V8 engines appropriately modified, and have no provisions to switch to gasoline, although a couple also have an LPG tank and automatic switchover system if the NG system experiences an outage. They do the job they were designed to do.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.