I have posted this numerous times but will repeat it here again. A couple of years ago I embarked on a fuel sender unit project designed to make the best fuel sender available. I bought units from all over the place, spent hundreds of $$, made scads of images and recorded output from everything from the OEM sender to you name it. I can do that...make one which at empty is 0 ohms and at full is at 30 ohms and will work predictably, but I can't do it for less than $30 each. And that is what the best fuel sender available will cost you. Go to the big auction site and use advanced search to find the seller named "renbusan". He sells a 0 to 30 sender that was designed and made in Taiwan and the fellow who did the work had his mental ducks all in a nice row. Below is a link that should take you there. ALL OF THE SENDERS I BOUGHT FROM THE USUAL SUSPECT VENDORS WERE SUBSTANDARD. Every one of them. One would register 10 ohms at empty and 40 ohms at full. One would register 0 at empty and 22 at full. One was so erratic it was functionally worthless. And the worst one of all (came from a vendor a lot of people seem to love) was really a 0 to 90 ohm unit that had been reduced to a 0 to 30 ohm unit by the person in China dribbling solder on the resistance coil. Take a look at the image below. Horrible sender and an industrial joke. Take a look at the second image below. Half is wound very tightly so that you would get a nice even needle action. Then half is wound so loosely it can not possibly give the proper resistance reading. The third image shows the unit sold by renbusan. What look like little wires are really individual pieces of metal bonded to the nylon carrier. The black arc over to the right is the resistance strip...poured in place and moved where nothing rubs on it. So it will remain undamaged pretty much forever. That is a sending unit worth having.
Here is a link to the renbusan sender: https://www.ebay.com/itm/261122347319?hash=item3ccc1ad137:g:FBgAAOSwpPVgBuwZ&vxp=mtr
~ Jon 1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end