I just jumpered the wires with a manual switch till I find another switch. Seems like this switch is aftermarket from what I am seeing in some photos. Like to find a GMC Original switch with GMC Keys.
Turned over the engine and it turns nicely, but no spark. Getting voltage to coil after I checked everything I needed, points, gap, cap, etc. Been years since I have worked on points system. Plug wires are stiff and connections are slightly rusted or corroded. Will find new wires to test. Not sure how to test a coil or condenser. Noticed the coil wire appears to have been melted in the past, not sure what I should do even though getting voltage to coil. Wire is not getting hot.
Anything else I need to look for?


1954 GMC 150-24 Truck
The Stovebolt Collective Weighs In
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery