No door or glove box locks, just the ignition. I am going to replace the lock and switch set. Anyone know where I can get the original style switch assy? I am not even sure what the key and lock supposed to look like from factory. I'm assuming the one in the truck has been changed as it doesn't seem to look like most. Photo or link would be greatly appreciated.
It has foot petal start and 3 connections assuming Off-On-Fan/Acc.
Right now I installed a wire to the ignition coil with on off switch just to check spark and try to start it. No luck on spark, limited time, hopefully this weekend I'll check it some more.
Have put mystery oil in cylinders and oiled the rockers. Made sure everything turns freely by hand. Valve cover has 4 vent holes on top, someone said to plug them, what is the best way to plug the holes? Have tig welder if needed. If plugging, do I need to find something else for vent?
Have the 6v positive ground setup using a 6v tractor battery, doesn't seem to spin as fast as today's engines. Read that I can use a 12v battery on the starter? If so, assuming hook up positive ground? The coil will hook up to the 6v battery. I'm using a stick to push the starter button. Truck is sitting on my trailer as I am supposed to get it out of the shop during work hours.
Sorry for the many questions, my first classic. Used to work on cars in my teen years then got too busy working, time to settle and enjoy what I love doing as well as teach my grandkids the truck which will be theirs someday.