So had a thought/question. Is it possible to put the rocker arm bar in backwards, and if so, is there a height offset that would cause the last 4 valves to perhaps be separated more than normal ? I'm thinking its odd my original problem was only cylinder 5 & 6 INTAKE, but not is both INTAKE and EXHAUST.

When I disassembled originally I wasn't expecting the spring-loaded pop-apart so things got a little off... but 95% sure I got everything back the way it came off. I've triple checked that the right numbered rocker arm is in the right position (of the 4 numbered types)... so that's not the issue I don't think. But is it even possible to put back together with the rear half bar on the front and the front on the back ? I know the middle oil feeder piece is right (can't remember what its call but has the pinched copper tube connecting to the head).

Just trying to think of what else I might be looking for why the gap is there.

Thanks all for the insights and suggestions... this is a great group.


Joe