In about March I will go get my "new truck", it'a a 48 6100 with a 5 window cab, with very little rust.
And I have also found the transmission I will run. It's a Fuller Roadranger RTO-6613, that's the newer version of the small 13 speed overdrive.
I will probably only use the top 4 or 5 gears, but the extra low ones, like about 14:1 or so, might be helpfull with a heavy load, or backing up a trailer, or ringing off 1.5" axle shafts and such.
I'll probably go get the trans on the way to or from getting the truck, if not sooner.

Any one have any heavy duty engine mounts that they can recomend for easy swaping to something else, like Mack engine mounts, or something else? I don't have a big truck junk yard to go look at and see for myself what I can use...


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-