Good point on the part numbers, never thought about there being ones in different locations.

I just read up on the RH5 wheels. Wow, I am kind of scared now to even take these off and really thankful they didn't come apart on me when I aired up the fronts the other day. I will wrap some chain around those and air them down and get them off, maybe turn them into tool stands or something.

Guess I am going to have more $$ into this truck than I was hoping but I am certain I will forget the cost when I am driving it around safely. Thanks for the heads up on those.

So, are the front wheel split in a way that the half bolted to the hub is solid and the back half is what would blow off (meaning if the rims are left bolted to the truck the piece that blows off would blow toward the frame/axle and not outward and the biggest risk is working on these off the truck)? Just want to understand my risk of airing these down while on the truck. I can chain them up regardless, but want to know what I am getting into. I am still reading about these trying to figure out how to approach safely getting these off.

EDIT: Just found a video about them, my assumption was correct. The fronts would blow off toward the inside of the truck. Makes me feel slightly better... Means the rear outer is oriented in a way to cause problems though.

Last edited by mdkelley; 01/21/2022 4:22 AM.

Matt
1957 Chevrolet 6503
14' Grain Dump Box
More story in Big Bolts