78Buckshot, I would love to know the name of that tire shop. I lived in the AA area from 2007 until I bought this place last August. My wife is from that area so we go down there quite often still to visit her family. I will most likely just get a couple serviceable front tires for now and run it as is once the brakes are working.

I found 4 of the old Alcoa aluminum 22.5 6 lug wheels that would fit and make finding tires easier but the asking price is $1500 and that seems pretty high for only 4 wheels, no tires. I would have to spend another $600 for two more steel wheels (whenever they are back in stock) and then $1800 -$2400 for tires to go on those wheels so not sure if that is the best way to go or not. Just new wheels/tires would cost more than getting a running 90's or early 2000's donor truck!

Since I am so new to this maybe someone can answer what could be a silly question. Are the old tube type tires always hard to find and out of stock or is this just another casualty of the pandemic? I am thinking maybe the current difficulty getting tires could be due to the supply chain issues and at some point in the future the tires will be easier to get. If that is the case, I will just stick with these wheels.


Matt
1957 Chevrolet 6503
14' Grain Dump Box
More story in Big Bolts