Kevin, Thanks for your great information and unfortunately I have the same pullers that I bought from 2 different vendors and neither one could grip the bushing and pull it out of the torque tube.
If I was fortunate to have a early 1950 or earlier model with a dowel locking the bushing that I could have drilled out it probably would have worked great.
My plans is the use a puller to remove the bushing or take a 6 foot pipe and drive it out from the pinion side. When I get it out I will install an oakie bushing and reassemble.
On the body, all the metal work has been completed and the patina will be left. The undercarriage, interior and mechanics have been restored or in the process and the torque tube issue has been holding up the reassembly process.
I will keep you posted on my progress! Have a great evening!