if I remember right, there is a very small lip down in the tube, that the original design rear seal will hit when driving it in. Prevents the seal from going too far. Screwed a coupling onto a short piece of 1-1/4" black pipe to drive in the real seal...the coupling prevents digging into the seal like the sharp end of the pipe might. Front seal I tapped in with a block of wood.
BEFORE anything was removed, as in the ring gear/pinion, I used a mag base with a dial indicator, to check the existing pinion depth and backlash. Cause if you don't install it back with these same specs, your assembly is gonna whine.....and you won't know it until everything is back together and back under the truck. if you're not sure on how to do this, find you somebody that IS familiar with it....save you some grief. It's not hard to do, but is has to be correct. You have a 70+ year wear pattern on your ring gear and pinion....it needs to be put back exactly where it was.
I wasn't (and I'm still not) a fan of the Okie bushing, although thousands have worked for thousands of folks, so to each his own. I installed one during my restoration, had some issues with it, but that's another story. The original design worked for a very long time, and still works. Glad I went back with it.