I really don't want to cut the wire. I'm not looking to disassemble the whole shaft and everthing to replace the wire. There really isn't enough slack to splice it either.

I have another nut on order:

Spindle Lock Nut Kit

It's for a wheel spindle but has the right threads and size. I'm hoping to use it to tweak and not mess up the original (or vice versa).

I'm trying the slide hammer on the pulling holes on the wheel. I had to cut an old wheel stud to connect the puller to an old wheel nut. The wheel nut (lug nut) is welded to a nut that connects to the slide hammer. (It's mostly home made stuff)

Are the pulling holes in the steering wheel in metal? Maybe the same metal as the hub? I'm guessing they're not just in the rubber of the wheel itself. That would be bad.



btw, what's it like on "normal" trucks?? Where does the horn wire come up?
Attachments
SteeringWheelPull3.jpg (79.92 KB, 158 downloads)


1947 First Series Chevy 2 ton COE
2005 - It started in the Gallery
2023 - Follow the restoration in my Project Journal
1962 IH Scout 80
1982 Chevy Caprice Classic