Assuming I can make some sort of flat puller foot with a slot for the wire, what do I push against? If i put the nut on the shaft and keep it flush with the end of the shaft, that will allow the wheel to move maybe 1/4" or so. The problem is the nut doesn't allow me to put the pulling bolts in the holes. I thought I had another nut (ordered a 13/16-20 jam nut) but it was too small. It must be 7/8-20 or so. If I can find one of those I could grind notches for the bolts.

If i don't use a nut, I'm afraid I'll mess up the end of the shaft. I really don't want to do that.

The slide hammer isn't working yet.
Attachments
SteeringWheelHub2.jpg (80.18 KB, 120 downloads)

Last edited by Farmdog; 09/21/2021 11:13 PM.

1947 First Series Chevy 2 ton COE
2005 - It started in the Gallery
2023 - Follow the restoration in my Project Journal
1962 IH Scout 80
1982 Chevy Caprice Classic