| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln),
112
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,491 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | I am a fan of the POR15. Use it quite often and most paint stores/hot rod shops carry it now vs a few years ago.
I blast my chassis and then brush it on with "throw away brushes". Its some mean stuff but tough as all get out. I've had to grind some places off on frames and it is one tough cookie. After many years the frames still look great and nothing sticks to it and if it does its easy to clean and wipe off......NOTE: it is not UV resistance so anything you paint that will be in the sun you better spray some paint over it or it will fade....but still be tough as nails.
.....and I put a coat on the floor pans as well. I love the stuff but follow directions about wearing old no good clothes and don't breathe the fumes....and if you get it on your hands it'll stay there for a few weeks. Just read the instructions.
Finally, after blasting the chassis on my panel one hot August day I sold my pressure pot/blaster and vowed to never do it again. Find someone who does the blasting and your ahead of the game. (I've never had one powder coated) | | |
| |
| |