Tons of GREAT ideas. I'll be on the lookout to get stuff together for a rotisserie. I am building a sandpot sandblaster out of a SS filter housing, just need a hose. Have the compressors. I like the idea of using POR15 on the frame as there is no powder coaters nearby, and if there was, they probably charge oilfield prices. Trying to save money here to use towards parts.
Curious, is there any pros/cons to boxing in the frame if staying original, or worse case putting in a stock V8?
Need to find someone to check the original GMC 248 engine block to see if buildable, otherwise I'll use the Chevy 235 engine that's in it. Hopefully I can do some work on it thru the winter and get it ready by spring to put back together. Build a flat bed frame or just stay all wood. Old bed was all wood including the supports. Guessing farm truck. Will worry about it last.
Making a plan of tearing everything down, take the wiring harness out and make a new one, unsure if I am staying 6v or 12v and seeing what surprises hidden behind any metal.
All a learning experience for me.

Have a 39 Mercury Sedan with the back end chopped to a truck, probably was never completed. Need to look for ideas to built it. Not sure if classified as a Stovebolt car?
Original plan for that car was to chop the front end off to hang on shop wall. More I look at it, more I want to restore it to something. Rat Rod, Custom Truck, who knows, ideas are accepted...

Photo of car:
[img]https://flic.kr/p/2mkK2Ax[/img]
[img]https://flic.kr/p/2mkQ58W[/img]


1954 GMC 150-24 Truck
The Stovebolt Collective Weighs In
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery