Getting ready to tear down the 54 GMC Truck. Tried to do a search about this, search engine is no help.
Looking for ideas or suggestions in cleaning the frame to brush POR15 on it. Wire wheel seems to take a lot of time, thought about sandblasting the frame. Wanted input first before I screw something up, want to do it right the first time for first project. Going to take everything off the frame and redo parts as well. And will be in the shop at around 55 degrees unless I turn heat up to do the work. I'm in North Dakota and the winters can get brutal.
Anyone make a rotisserie for frame and body? Figured easier to work with? I have access to forklift in shop as needed.
Also on the body, just few dings and dents, floor seems to be in good shape other than surface rust. I do see light on the floor corners just above where the feet go on both sides, behind fenders. What do you guys/gals think once I clean the cab up of rust, would it be smart to brush POR15 on the floor all the way up under dash? Was told that stuff is great and figured it'll be covered by carpeting. Will paint it under the cab and firewall. Wouldn't hurt? Or waste of time and money?
Have not pulled anything yet till I hear otherwise to the best approach to do this. Wife has honey do list that comes first at home, bedroom and master bath remodel... FUN, FUN, FUN...
[img]
https://flic.kr/p/2mdygZc[/img]