Reminds me of a guy I was helping in the parking lot outside work a while back. I came out for lunch and he was just standing there staring at his engine.

I asked if he needed help and he told me he wasn't sure. Some lights came on when he was driving, then it got hard to steer, and now it is making funny noises parked. I came over and could hear the coolant in the overflow tank boiling.

I looked at it for a minute and pointed out that his serpentine belt was missing and offered him a ride to the parts store for a new one.

When we got there, he couldn't tell tell us the year, make, or model of his car. I remembered that it was a ford and a V6, but that was all the detail I had noticed. We had to make another round trip back to the car to show him how to figure out what belt he needed.

Turns out his tensioner was also gone, with about half the bolt. He had recently gotten a tune-up from a sketchy mechanic that snapped the tension bolt off in tje block, called it good enough, and sent him on his way.

I never did see that car in the parking lot again...


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues