Now that's funny. I thought that you were complaining about the customers, but you were actually complaining about the carbs.
Some customers are more experienced than others. Trying to help the customer is part of the customer service. I have a "carburetor identification guide" on my website to try to help the customer.
With almost 50 years doing mail-order, and 25 years vending at swap meets, I thought I had heard just about everything; but these knock-off carbs are really beginning to become a problem. It isn't really a new problem. J.C. Whitney and Warshawski were selling "carburetors" in the 1930's to customers for less than a repair kit for the customers original carburetor. We still get an occasional call on one of these (once a doorstop, always a doorstop). But most enthusiasts laughed at these companies and their quality, so not many were sold, thus not much of a problem. Seems like today we have a new genre of customers that have been "educated" to always shop for the lowest price.
Oh well, maybe this new group will get tired of the issues, tell their friends, and the new junk will stay where it rightfully belongs!
(Steps off soapbox

)
Jon.