Originally Posted by carbking
They were all Chinese knock-offs!
Jon.

I didn't comment yesterday Jon, but when you said there was nothing on the carburetors to identify them, I figured they came from China. It is very interesting (and very fitting) to me the Chinese have taken the time and spent the money to copy the Rochester B and BC carburetors. Probably APTIV Corp (in Dublin...who wound up with Delphi who owned Rochester) finds this all just as silly as I do.

Here's my favorite:

https://tinyurl.com/42y7wxrc

How about that 2 tone casting job? Artisan work, that is! And three choke stove tube connections? I'm shocked they stopped with 3. Nearly as funny as the non-matching washers and screws that aren't tightened down. But hey..."Each of our products has undergone layers of quality testing". And look! Below you can see a special manifold for 2 carburetors (which I'm sure will be coming to a speed shop near you soon). In the back part of the image you'll see leaning against a wall a green folding chair. That right there is a future carburetor just waiting to happen! See how many odd things you can find in that image for fun.

Sorry you have to deal with this, Jon but I heartily salute you for your patience and courtesy.
Attachments
Chinese Rochester.jpg (182.57 KB, 77 downloads)


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end