Had this conversation once today, and three times last week:
Ring, ring, ring
Me - "The Carburetor Shop"
Customer - "I need a carburetor rebuilding kit for a (you may fill in this space)"
Me - "Tag number"
Customer - "There is no tag"
Me - "Who made the carburetor, what is cast or stamped on the carburetor?"
Customer - "There is no printing on the carburetor"
Me - "From whom did you buy the carburetor?"
Customer - "I didn't buy it, it came with the vehicle I just purchased; but it isn't running right even though it looks new, and my mechanic said for me to get a kit".
Me - "I am sorry, but if there is no tag, and no identification, we are unable to made a kit. If you will give me some information (year, make, model, CID, transmission, etc.) I can help you figure out what your carburetor should be." You probably have a unit that is being made with the caviat "what do you want it to fit"; and there are no parts. You can try making the parts yourself.
At this point, some are mad at me??? Others give me information, and I look up what they SHOULD have.
Jon.