If you possibly can, find someone in your area who understands how a 3-brush DC generator works, and pay him twice what he asks to sort out that mess. You'll come out money ahead, as the likely result of the direction you're headed right now is going to end up with a major wiring fire. Asking for advice from most of the people on the stovebolt site is only going to confuse you, as they're far too young to have ever worked with that type of charging system.
If you're going to stay with the 6 volt system and a generator/regulator charging system, at least upgrade to the system with a 2-brush generator and a 3-unit regulator that was used in the early 1950's. In a couple of weeks, I'm headed to east Tennessee to set up that type of system that's been installed as an upgrade to a 1935 Cadillac that's been restored to look brand new. The owner was trying to use the original wiring diagram, which was for a 3-brush generator and a cutout relay.
I have a Delco-Remy service manual from the early 1950's which covers several types of 3-brush charging systems, with wiring diagrams and service procedures. Send me a PM with your email address, and I can send you some copies of the manual pages.
Good luck!
Jerry
Sent you a PM, The truck is only going to be used in a short parade in September then will be set aside until I can either get a different generator with a voltage regulator instead of a cut out, or I will convert to 12 Volt.