The #1 rule in rebuilding/restoring anything complicated is take a lot of good pictures and have it available for reference.
At the top of your instruction sheet it sheet says 1934-38 Chevy or 1936-38 GMC. Things changed in 1939.
The first step "Wire# 1" on your sheet. There is no cut-out on the generator (your picture) because (I think and don't know 100%) your generator is a newer model. If you know for sure that this generator was working properly then I would get the model number off of the oval Delco plate. Search for information on this model and see how it is supposed to be connected. Post what you have learned on this topic. As I was saying previously, a lot of things changed in 1939 and your truck may have had a change to another generator.
Wire #14 on your sheet. Also look at the note below for Wire #14. What headlight switch type do you have? Attached is a diagram of a 1934 Chevy car.
Last edited by buoymaker; 07/15/202112:47 AM.
"Adding CFM to a truck will only help at engine speeds you don't want to use." "I found there was nothing to gain beyond 400 CFM."