Hello fellow Missourian. I've updated my latest "findings" on other replies to Jon and Panic. Short story - I've got a 216" intake manifold. How or why I'll never know. I rebuilt the carb that's on it now. Engine runs, revs, idles nicely but the carb has the typical (?) fuel leak around the throttle plate rod (?). My hope was that the rebuilt unit would solve that problem and the research I'd done seemed to indicate that Autoline had good quality rebuilds. Your thoughts?
If it works, it works. I think there are others here running 216 manifolds on 235s. Pre68 Dave seems to think it works pretty well overall.
Does it leak fuel around the throttle shaft while running? Or only when you’re messing with it while not running? Mine has what seems like an awful seep if you open the throttle with engine off. But the engine seems to suck that fuel right down if the engine is running. Makes sense if I think about it.