Originally Posted by panic
Not sure what you're measuring.
The flange bolt patterns (between centers) are S.A.E. industry standard, not Rochester or Chevrolet.
Small (216, early 235): 2-11/16" (2.6875"), large (late 235, all 261): 2-15/16" (2.9375").

The 216 throttle bore is 1-1/2" (1.500"), 235 is 1-9/16" (1.5625"), 261 is 1-11/16" (1.6875").

Panic - you got me, now I don't know what I was measuring either! Here's todays "update" . the bolt center to center is 2.6875 (ish) using calipers measuring outside to outside of the bolt studs and subtracting the OD of the studs ( major diameter of threads is .368" ) , used .375". The bore really is 1.500". So that's 216 CI data and so then I looked up the intake manifold casting number 3835527 and found that its for a 216 motor. That casting number corresponds to a part number 3691933, Group # 3.265 and its application is 1950 - 1953, 216 all. Hmm...and a long exhale. Guess I need to find the correct intake manifold? After all, I have this shiny rebuilt ( although suspect ) carburetor from Autoline. Your thoughts?


Ron - - Dusty53
1954 Chevy 3604
In the Gallery Forum
"You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell."
"They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."