Thanks for all the replies, I will respond to what I can right now. The motor is the original 216 on a 6V system. I am going to take that condenser off, it seems like it doesn't belong. All of the gauges worked prior to this but the cloth sheathing was badly degraded I am trying to work with what I have for right now to keep cost down, will probably upgrade to 12v in the future but thats aways off. Here is the item number for my harness from chevs 1865315P 37^39. Looks like the harness is for a cutout but could I put in a voltage regulater off a '46? I figure I would need to add a couple wires. It mentions a field resistance coil on the generator, not sure where that is. Also this harness has no fuses, i will have to splice in some, what size fuse for the ammeter and does it go on the post on the charging side of the gauge or the opposite? I have it on the posi side right now
I appreciate all the help, I don't have very much experience with wiring and this has been the best place to get answers from those who have done it before.