Hello,
I have been attempting to rewire a 1939 1.5 ton truck that was just recently given to me by my father. I have been using a kit I bought from Chevs of the 40's, it is for the original generator. The instructions are sort of vague and I am not sure where I am supposed to connect the big wire from the Ammeter to the generator, this was a fire truck for part of its life and it has what looks like a condenser for a radio on the generator. when I attached the wire to this, the ammeter read discharge even with the key off. There is what also looks like a voltage regulator on the firewall that the instructions do not mention. I have very little experience with wiring and the lack of color coordination or markings on gauges is really hampering my progress. Any help or tips are greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Generator Picture.jpg (208.53 KB, 217 downloads)
Voltage regulator.jpg (245.26 KB, 216 downloads)


1939 Chevy 1 1/2 ton with 216