| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gdads51, FAST55, Gray_Ghost, cmayna, tclederman, sron48, Hambone),
108
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,111 Posts1,056,258 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Luckily for me I did not have a lot of slop in my hinges on the 52 panel. I drilled the holes to accommodate the new pins and they worked well for many years.
My memory is getting bad but doesn't those hinge straps have a hole where you could squirt some lubricant in them? I sold my panel and can't go look but seems i remember the holes. I had thought about drilling them out and put a grease zerk in the hole or use a lubricant with a straw on it and squirt some in the hole.......anyone ever try that??
But if done correctly it will last for years. It may be adviseable to put some anti seize on the pin as you install it.
Jon G, I enjoyed your post. Your spot on! | | |
| |
| |