Many thanks, fellow Stovebolters. As usual, I learn a great deal for your guidance and experiences. So... I am going to rehab the hinges without using the brass bushings. Your discussions have convinced me that if the fittings between hinge parts are "tight enough", then I do not need them. You all know that the new pins require a little bigger hole to be drilled through the entire setup. That is OK with me. I am still hung up however, on the welded-in washers or spacers (see the pictures in my original post). I have 2 that have disappeared and I have one that is in my hands (fell off while I was disassembling the hinges), and I am determined to get them all back in place. Now I know I could stack a bunch of thinner washers to fill the space but... I would know they are there (oh, the worries of a perfectionist, especially one who has very little grip on the art of the possible). I have looked around (McMaster, etc) for the right sized washers to start with, but I have found nothing even close to the original thickness (around .16175 inches), OD around .661 and ID around .3115... not to worry, I will conquer this challenge one way or another HOWEVER... if you guys have some hints or tips that would save me a lot of work... let er rip! ... and as always, THANK YOU.


1952 Chevy 3100