In all the cases I've seen the replacement pins will be a slightly larger diameter and when you drill the hinge bar to that diameter you will be left with a nice new and round hole that will accept your new pin just right. The welded-on washers will probably have worn to the point your hinge bar isn't tight anymore. You can fix this three ways. One (not my choice), put the hinge in a large vise and squeeze it carefully to compress it so that the hinge bar just slides in. Two (my choice by far), get some washers and file them down so that they fit the gap which is there. Or you might find thin washers but only at a hardware store. You won't find anything like this at Home Depot or Lowes. I try to put one on top and one on bottom. Last hinges I rebuilt the welded on washers had come off on two of the four and I just made some new (and thicker ones) and welded them on instead. Three, if you really enjoy welding, then build up the top and bottom of the hinge bar and then file it off to fit your hinge...another that isn't my favorite choice, but there are many ways to skin a unicorn. Yes, to use those bushings, you will have to use a chucking reamer to widen the hole to accept them. But please consider this: when you do that, you'll have to weld and re-drill the hinge if you ever have to work on it again (or find bushings that match those exactly or machine new bushings) and the bushings are a lot softer than the metal of the hinge. Honestly I don't know why they sell them. The 1952 hinges didn't have any bushings when they were made and since the hinge design is such that the entire bar rotates around that pin, they're sort of un-necessary. Good luck!