Here's the electric fuel pump I've used since 1997:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00496RE82/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1The first one lasted for 20 years and actually didn't stop working. I replaced it in what some might call a preemptive move and kept it in case I needed it. Here's the nice part. This pump provides between 2.5 and 4 psi. That is honestly all you need for the 235. More than that and you're just going to stress your needle/seat and probably cause flooding. And by the way, I'd suggest finding a nice Carter YF carb and returning to a 1 carb approach. The Carter YF3211s is nice and runs a bit leaner than most of the YF models. It is an auto choke, but you could convert to a manual choke if you thought it was necessary.
Oh, and I didn't just put a block-out plate where the mechanical pump was...seemed sort of a waste of an opportunity to me. I ran lines from inside to outside of the engine and then to a remote oil filter. You can see an image attached. If you need more info on how I did that, please let me know. Good luck.