Originally Posted by latroca52
What size jets should I be looking for as far as stamped number on the 2 too many carbs right now 1 barrel Rochester manual choke ?
Another website a guy said he thinks the guy that rebuilt his Rochesters might have put 48s in his carburetors
I’m hoping one carburetor just mine have a different size jet causing the popping in the first carburetor.

If you're talking about 1 Rochester on one relatively stock 235, it could have been anything from 41 to 84, but 56, 57, 58, 59 are in my observation the most common...OR some yoyo might have gotten all smart and drilled your jet out to who knows what pretending to be an engineer. A couple of years ago I sold all the Rochester B parts I had collected over 50 years (including some nice brand new jets). The jet marked 57 or 58 (if it is correct and not nicked nor damaged) is a good place to start with a single Rochester B. But I'll be honest...Having 2 Rochester B carburetors on a 235 is like having 2 broken legs. You aren't going to go very far nor very fast and the trip won't be pleasant at all. And as Jerry pointed out already the springs for your power pistons will be completely wrong for the available vacuum so you'll be running rich unless you're going downhill with your foot off the gas pedal. If you're still planning on going with a stock manifold and one carburetor, I would suggest getting a nice Carter YF or call Jon (carbking) and see what model of Zenith or possibly Carter W-1 (Jon likes those quite a bit) or other carburetor he would suggest. Parts for some will be more readily available than others. You'll spend some money on a Carter, more on a Zenith and maybe even more on some other alternatives (like Stromberg). If you're serious about using the Rochester B, I'd suggest at the very least straightening it. Doing that will solve a few problems, and as many times as most Rochester Bs have gone through the "rebuilder mixmaster," you may have some other problems (which I discovered in the ones I bought for the study). Here's some info on that: https://tinyurl.com/8pydzfd6. Good luck no matter what you choose.


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end