Adding a new and expanded fuse block allows you to add other items easily. Example: I have A/C, HEI and an electric fan. And I have an alternator. These things use lots of juice. And please keep in mind relays. Your ignition switch was probably meant to handle a maximum of 10 amps of power flowing through it. Amps and voltage are two different things. For a long time I've told people to think of voltage as the size of your arm and amps as the strength of your arm. Mahalia Jackson had large arms. So does Arnold Schwarzenegger. Which one would you rather arm wrestle? Anyhow, using HEI or a strong electric fan can ruin your old ignition switch tout de suite. But with relays, you can send power to these things safely. Not to say you're going on a tear to find electronic things to add, but one never knows what may be in the future. I do have the 1949 wiring diagram. It is however very small so it would need to either be enlarged or viewed with a magnifying glass. But there were very few electric using "things" in there aside from lights, the coil, horn, etc. Just let me know if you want the diagram and I'll figure out how to get it to you.


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end