('49 3600, 261, SM420, generator)
I've been reading all the excellent old posts on electrical harness upgrades and have 2 unanswered questions:
1. Texmo's excellent tech note
https://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/electrical/electrical_upgrade/index.html references an earlier write-up on a '54 truck upgrade by Alan Horvath but alas the link has gone dead. Alan's '54 project writeup would be more relevant (for me) than Texmo's '63 project. Anyone aware of where one can find Alan's '54 truck writeup?
2. Interesting that all the projects and notes that I read are executed all at once. I understand the reasoning why, but has anyone done this upgrade piecemeal and have advice for that? The basic Classic Parts harnesses look like they come in three main parts. For those of us that can't sideline our trucks for an extended stretch, is it reasonable to do this upgrade in three separate weekends? Engine bay, then gauges and behind the Dash, then rest of the frame?