Hey thanks Phak1! My 62 235 doesn't have an optional forward hole. And the pivot nub sticks out from the block close to an inch, if not. That same nub in the 261 also sticks out about that far. Btw, the 261 is a 59. The forward hole, that clearly goes into the water jacket, has a nub that only sticks out from the block about 1/4". Also, the rear is a smaller, 3/16 thread. I think. I don't think it enters the water jacket, simply because the bolt isn't as long as the nub. But, I did apply permatex thread sealer, just to be safe😉 I have to admit. I'm skeptical about the purpose of this forward hole...

Last edited by bigmacdaddy; 01/05/2021 7:43 AM.

1962 Fleetside 4spd 235 w/O.D. posi 3:90
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2 5sp
2013 Ram Tradesman C/V
My Webshot Photos]