I did a toe in alignment today. It was toe’d out about 1/8” . I adjusted the tie rod, so I ended up with 1/8” toe in. The change made the steering feel better but did nothing for the vibration. I also lifted each tire to check my new bearings and they were perfect.
The vibration goes away when I push the clutch in and coast. I really feel it’s a engine vibration. I replaced the harmonic balance last year and after searching ”What does a bad harmonic balancer feel like” on the internet, it sounds like its a good possibility. It looks good but I decided to do a run out on it. The concentricity was out 0.010” TIR and the face was out .007” TIR. This is riding on the damper and not the pulley. I tried prying between the damper and the pulley and did not find any movement.
I don’t know if that makes the balancer good or not. I figured I’d ask the experts.
Maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree, It’s happened before!
Last edited by Phak1; 12/06/2020 1:02 AM.