Originally Posted by tclederman
Have you checked the tie-rod ends, the king pins and the steering idler-arm end (check the play/looseness)?
Replaced all new last year. The only thing I didn't do was a front end alignment and balancing (Tires were just mounted and balanced when I bought the truck). I was waiting until I got the truck drivable.
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
“Disappears when I put the clutch in”, driveline issue. Bad throw out bearing? Just throwing stuff out there. Good luck.
Just had it out and no signs of wear.
Originally Posted by klhansen
U-joint? The one I removed from my truck was badly worn.
Just put it in and saw no issues.

Last edited by Phak1; 11/29/2020 11:05 PM.

Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum