Taking my ‘52 3100 out for a test drive today, after installing my re-machined ‘59 235, there was a bit of vibration in the steering wheel at 40-45 MPH. The vibration seemed to be while it was under load as it also occurred in first going up a small hill on the dirt road going to my house. It was also pretty noisy at that speed and I’m assuming the vibration may have something to do with that.

My first though was the front motor mount might be hitting. I installed a new inner rubber and the top cap. The gap seemed sufficient. Don’t know why I felt it in the steering wheel and not in the seat of my pants nor the dash board.

What are the possibility’s ?


Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum