Cren, Was the Eaton which you describe at all similar to the Detroit-Timken model SBD1555? I have one in a 53 White which has sat for many decades and I haven't had running. It looks to have a pass through drive shaft to the rear axle and it has a power divider, altho not sure if it's a two speed or 3 speed divider. Smangy, I wouldn't air up too many tires....leave well enough alone as long as the truck can be dragged/rolled onto the transport vehicle. Those old tube tires could blow if you change their status quo (such as putting air into them or driving more than a few miles on them)! It's possible that they are tubeless, as both were used in the late 50s, but be cautious about airing up any large truck tire which is flat or low on air.... I once (slowly, on a very rural road) drove a tandem axle truck with tube tires which had been sitting for many years....by the time I drove 10 miles, three of the ten had blown. Also, when you do air them up, make sure you use a remote clamp-on type air chuck....in other words, don't be standing or kneeling next to the wheel.