My daily driver for a couple of years while I was in college was a 58 Chevy DelRay coupe that I inherited from my late grandfather. It was a no-frills model with a 235 and a 3 speed column shift. It also ran 14" wheels with relatively low profile tubeless tires and a 3.70 rear end gear. At the time Tennessee was just beginning to open up sections of Interstate 40 with a 75 MPH speed limit. Most of us kids considered that to be a "suggestion", so the old Chevy saw speeds in the mid-80's on a routine basis. With a set of 16" wheels and tall tires, there's no telling what speeds I might have achieved- - - - -at least downhill!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!