Your HO52 is a full floater setup not like the 1/2 ton so no parts are in common there. I went through the same thing you did with my 3/4t gmc. I actually did find a good 4:10 center section and swapped it out no problem but it honestly didn’t make as huge of a difference as I had expected. Could it cruise 60-65? Yes.... I’m running a stock 5.3 in my truck and even that was singing though.....so im sure a stock engine would be too. My next step was to install a borg warner overdrive. THAT made all the difference in the world. I cruise at 65 now at like 2100RPM with a 29.5” tire. You can find those trannys cheap sometimes at swap meets or in piles at the older yards. I see a few pop up on ebay also. Its basically a poor mans gear vendors overdrive but it works great with a 0.7 overdrive ratio. It would effectively turn your 4.56’s into a 3.22 ratio. Its not for everyone but its a option.
******That is a beautiful truck too! Love the long beds and the basic black steelies. Get the original hub caps back on itðŸ‘
Last edited by Barnfind49; 07/28/2020 10:52 AM.