The frame is stripped down and ready to go out for sand blasting. The cab has been dipped.... what a dilemma. So much rust and tiny holes to fix. Decided to hold off on priming the cab until I have more time to do it right. I pulled off the front end as a unit. Took it to a shop to have it pulled apart properly. I will replace every wear part in the A Arms and such as what ever did not rust has rotted. The rear axle was quite a surprise when I removed it. I had to cut the U-Bolts off to drop the axle. Picture shows that the U-bolts were actually rusting through, almost 1/3 less metal on one of them, see picture. The drag arm bolts were also rusted solid and needed to be cut off. @ hour project took several days but the axle is off. Is this when it gets easier???? ha
Attachments
DSC_1430S.jpg (532.17 KB, 194 downloads)
DSC_1429S.jpg (242.48 KB, 192 downloads)


1960 C20 Apache Step Side Long Bed
"Swamp Thing" restoration
Story starts in 60-66 trucks