PS: Very happy with my Ingersoll rand air compressor. Really more than I need for painting but the air sanders really put it to the test. Single stage pump really has to work hard, even with the 60 gallon tank. The Concours paint gun set from Eastwood has done well from a rookie painters point of view. I tried some PPG gray primer and it was excellent. The Eastwood primer looks fine. The 2K ceramic Black Chassis paint is also easy enough to work with. Had a couple runs but mostly my fault trying to paint sideways or in nooks and crannies. Very pleased with pieces I had sand blasted. The acid dip was the only way to go with some of the body parts... but it really removes a lot of metal with the rust. Probably for the best so you have to replace what should be replaced. Boltsandnuts.com was excellent for sourcing high quality Grade 8 parts. Price was very reasonable when you consider all the time and gas I saved, plus free shipping. Bolt and thread sizes were there for everything I needed. I did find it cheaper to buy groups of 10 or 25 pieces was cheaper than buying just 4 or 6 as I needed.
Since almost every nut was rust welded onto the bolt I needed a lot just for where I am at putting the chassis back together.


1960 C20 Apache Step Side Long Bed
"Swamp Thing" restoration
Story starts in 60-66 trucks