Click on image for the lowdown.
====
Forums66
Topics128,126
Posts1,056,353
Members48,441
Most Online14,466Apr 26th, 2026
AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for
over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks!
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 892
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 892
I cleaned and painted exactly that set of mirrors about 20 years ago. I got them apart with a torch and vicegrips, then sanded and painted them. They looked good but I wanted heated mirror heads and got a set of stainless, heated mirrors and brackets from NAPA that were a Mack replacement.
[img]
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...oad/Number/20806/filename/Chicken_AK.jpg [/img]
Attachments IMG_1248.jpg (362.51 KB, 145 downloads) Here's what the painted ones looked like. 1951 3800 1-ton "Earning its keep from the get-go" In the DITY Gallery 1962 261 (w/cam, Fenton headers, 2 carbs, MSD ign.), SM420 & Brown-Lipe 6231A 3spd aux. trans, stock axles & brakes. Owned since 1971.